Monday, February 25, 2008

Technorati

In my first look at Technorati I did a couple of basic searches, one for “libraries” and one for “owls”, and the results were vast and varied, as I expected!

I can see the value of blogs that have a specific purpose and target audience, but I find myself wondering about the many thousands of personal blogs.

When do people find the time to write? Who do they expect to read their ramblings? How do they feel about anyone, everyone, or in fact no-one reading what they write? And where does anonymity fit into this? Is it scary or liberating? I find myself wondering if I should give it a try to find out (now that IS scary!!!)

2 comments:

Dianne Canabou said...

In the Technorati site I came across a blog Side Salad where the blogger says "if he didn't share his head would explode". This is as good an explanation as any as to why some people need to put their thoughts down although they may seem of no interest to others.

Owl said...

Thanks for the comment justme. I guess that makes sense. I had a look at the Side Salad blog - no wonder his head might explode - there is a lot of stuff in it! But in a strange way,I found it fascinating & will go back for another look if I have time.