My first reaction to the Mosman Library photos? Aaaah! All those kids, and all those consent forms to be signed!
A search for my community produced thousands of photos, mostly holiday snaps. I used the advanced search option to omit the most photographed landmark from the search and the results were much easier to manage, and more interesting.
I like the concept of the group for collecting photos on a specific topic.
I was astonished to find a photo of the small country library where I work in this group photo pool of Libraries from around the world.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/48408141@N00/pool/
I had never heard of Creative Commons before, and I can see that this goes a long way towards solving some of the copyright issues that worry us as library workers.
I searched for a local landmark and there were 3893 results with just the basic search, 386 results with some form of creative commons license, and only 163 results with creative commons license for commercial use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Whenever we have an event, we have a roving person who goes around the parents getting all the signatures on our photo permission form, and we then trim the forms in the same trim folder as the photos. It makes it pretty pain free!
Thanks Jenn, that is a helpful suggestion. I wonder - do you get many refusals?
Post a Comment