Monday, March 17, 2008

Wikis

Whew! A lot of reading this week, but all I managed to look at was very interesting and full of good ideas and food for thought. I hope to find time later to read some of it in greater detail.

I looked at the Antioch University Procedure Manual and the SJCPL Subject Guides

I can see that this type of collaboration on policies and procedures would significantly reduce the time and paperwork involved.

Our library publishes a “Series & Sequels” booklet which I think would work well as a wiki. All staff can email additions to the person who looks after it. It is printed annually and distributed to each branch. It goes without saying that the week after a new edition arrives at the branch a patron asks about a new series that is not listed!

I read the Princeton Book Lovers wiki and found myself comparing the merits of wikis and blogs for book reviews.
Maybe I like the blog format better - the jury is still out……

No comments: